2005/11/21

神原下

木曜と金曜は朝早く神原下って言うバス停から学校へ歩いて行く。

To get to one of my schools in the morning, I catch a bus at 6:50 and ride for 25 minutes, and then I have to walk for almost 20 minutes. The whole neighborhood is full of small farms. Above left is a field of green tea, for which this prefecture is famous. Above right is an orchard of mikan trees. Sometimes I see passing elementary kids looking for a mikan they can reach through the fence...   Click to enlarge


They also grow a lot of lettuce, cabbage, kale, and other greens.


In the picture above on the right, the fields go right up to my school's grounds.


Nas quinta- e sexta-feiras tenho que andar à pé por 20 minutos entre a parada de ônibus e a escola onde trabalho. Tem muitas fazendas por lá de chá verde, produto famoso desta região, de mikan, um tipo de laranja pequena e doce, e também de lechuga e outros vegetales verdes.

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

I like all the pictures you post. Having never been to Japan, or really, any place away from the States, it's strangely refreshing to see images of other places and to see how similar, and yet dissimilar we are. Even though I watch foreign flicks all the time, movies don't seem to capture that for me as well for some reason. Maybe because movies can have an element of fantasy even if they are not intended to be that way. A picture of a head of lettuce along your way to work, however, does the trick.

Bryan さんのコメント...

Glad you enjoy them! Actually this blog has done wonders for my motivation to keep a camera with me and actually take the pictures in the first place.