2005/11/06

浜松マンドリンオーケストラ

The concert was interesting. The program had a funny drawing of an Indian boddhisatva playing a very Italian looking bowlback mandolin. The group was composed of a section of maybe 15 mandolins in place of the normal violin section, guitars for the viola section, maybe 4 or 5 mandolas or mandocellos, a string bass section, a clarinet, an oboe, a flute, a harp, and percussion. My co-worker is the first mandolin, concertmaster I guess. They did one set of classical stuff, a Verdi overture, a Mozart sonata, Debussy's Claire de Lune, etc. And then some pop stuff-- Unchained Melody, a tune from the King and I, a tune from Howl's Moving Castle, etc. It was pretty cool. A unique but not unfamiliar sound.
I forgot my camera, but there is a photo of the group (along with, inexplicably, a photo of a blimp) here.
Their website is only in Japanese.

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hi,Bryan!
Long time no see, how is it going!
I'm Misaho.
I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

元気そうで何よりです。
私は東京にいるのでもし東京に来る機会があれば声かけてね!

匿名 さんのコメント...

こんにちわ。Bryan!メールありがとう。私のブログとリンクしよう!http://blog.livedoor.jp/yakochin_73/
yasuko