2005/11/15

Meu apê

 
Well, I finally got around to taking some pictures of my place, for those of you who are curious to see just how small a Japanese apartment can be. This is my living/bed room, or approximately half of it, I suppose. You can see my futon folded up there on the right. When I unfold it at night, it stretches from wall to wall. I can actually put my feet flat on one wall and my hands flat on the other. The room is about twice that long. Here is the other half:
 
Through the door to the left is my kitchenette:
 
To cook anything more complicated than a bowl of instant ramen sometimes requires a carefully sequenced shifting of pots or plates from one place to another.
 
Through the kitchen is a long narrow hallway which leads to the front door:
 
Off of the hall is one door, which opens into a small space which holds my washing machine.
 
And finally, off of that space is the door for my tiny cellular bathroom:
 
And that's it for the inside. I have a small balcony just wide enough to stand on, with a somewhat less than exciting city view:
 
This month there is additional excitement off my balcony to the left-- They've been knocking down a 6-story building, a chunk at a time, it seems.
 
Here's a view of the fun from the next street over:
 
Luckily, I'm already up and around by the time the construction starts, so it doesn't really bother me. I suppose another building will go up, hopefully a little more pleasant to look at than the rust-stained wall that was there before. My view certainly doesn't compare to the one I had last year in Tottori:
 
 
I do miss Tottori sometimes... 懐かしい。。。

9 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Thanks for the link to your new journal. I've now got it as an RSS feed in my livejournal, so I won't miss a post. Whee!

Wow, that place is that tiny and you still get to have a washing machine! Good to hear. :)

Glad to see you're doing good.

☆Vivika ☆テポプ☆ さんのコメント...

"Hoje´é festa lá no meu apê. Pode aparecer, vai rolar bundalelê!"
Só falta agora reunir a galera para fazer uma zona social...com skol é claro!
Kissus!
Vivika Brazil

Bryan さんのコメント...

Acho que caberia só festa de 4 ou 5, sem aonde sentar-se, e o bundalelê vai ter que evitar fazer barulho pra não acordar a vizinha misteriosa aqui ao lado. Mas você é sempre convidada!

☆Vivika ☆テポプ☆ さんのコメント...

Ah mas nesse caso senta-se no chão mesmo! tudo é festa. E quanto `vizinha convide ela tb!

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hi Bryan,
I enjoyed all of your postings - very nice. Cool apartment, but Barbie Doll has a bigger one. You are developing such a wealth of experience. Did you PLAN to live in the Brasillian hot-spot of Japan, or did the JET program send you there randomly?

2! 2! 2 languages in 1!!!

Heather, the Spanophile

匿名 さんのコメント...

Wow your apartment is so tiny, and the construction site close to your place might be making you have a cold like symptoms.... that's my point of view:) I hope you are feeling better.

By the way, about your missing Tottori, it can be said as 恋しい。懐かしい means nostalgic.

It was nice to see your room, that bathroom must be the minimum size available, and I can guess how you can relax there...
When you want to take a large bath ( for human beings), come and take a hot spring near here. :d It's maybe.. 4-5 hours drive from your place.

What is it on the floor between futon and TV by the way?

Bryan さんのコメント...

You're watching BBC-- I'm guessing you might be Rumiko? You didn't leave your name.. Anyway, between the TV and the futon is an adjustable fan. It is pointed upwards to blow on my clothes so they'll dry faster.

Bryan さんのコメント...

a different Heather-- Which Heather are you??

I requested Hamamatsu specifically because of the Brazilian population here, and feel very lucky to have been given my first choice, as it appears that the JET Program can rarely do that.

moiji さんのコメント...

hey bryan, i tried that 100 yen curry, it was good! thanks 4 the advice!