2005/11/22

Visitas às escolas primárias

I've been visiting elementary schools a lot lately. There are four of them that I visit with varying frequencies, though I never see a given class of kids more than once in a semester. So far I've taught some fourth, fifth, and sixth grade classes, though I did have a Halloween party at one school in which the whole school participated (It's a tiny school, with as few as 10 students per grade.) All the kids have been super-genki, happy and full of energy. They get very excited about having a foreign teacher, and almost all of them participate very enthusiatically in the lesson, something which is quite a relief after teaching at junior high all the time. Regarding my base school, at least, I don't understand what it is that happens between sixth grade and the first year of junior high that turns down the overall enthusiasm so much and causes some of them to completely lose their ability to follow directions, rules, or common sense. These elementary school kids are great, and a few of them speak better English than anyone at either of my junior highs.

Click to enlarge

3 件のコメント:

Bryan さんのコメント...

Due to the cuteness factor, I am dropping my usual reluctance to post kids' pictures here. I just can't get so worried about it. So go ahead and click to enlarge.

匿名 さんのコメント...

They are adorable! I am personally filling out the app now and hope if I get selected I get to work with the younger students. Not sure what happens, it seems universally, but at some point it becomes 'uncool' to be genki in school :)

Bryan さんのコメント...

hey anonimous... who are ya?